- Best out of 1 Up to 21 points.
- You must win by 2 points.
- A point is won by a player when the opponent cannot hit the ball with paddle over the net and onto the other side of the table or when the oppnent allows the ball to bounce twice or more on their side
- The edges of the table are part of the legal table surface, but not the sides.
- Lower ranking player recieve first serve. Equal ranks will rally for first serve.
- 5 serves per player then switch service.
- When serving, the ball must be thrown up in the air prior to serve.
- The ball must first bounce on your side and then in your opponents. Your opponent must allow the ball to hit their side of the table before trying to return this.
- The ball must pass cleanly over the net – if it ‘clips’ the net and goes over, it is a ‘let’ and the serve is retaken; if a serve ‘clips’ the net 3 times in a row, the point goes to the other player. If it hits the net and doesn’t go over or falls out of play, the point goes to the other player.
- By default, the winner of the match is to insert the match into rankade unless otherwise discussed with opponent.
- If a player challenges another player of higher rank, the higher ranking player can not decline the match. This of course doesn't apply to scheduling issues or anything within reason. The idea is that you can not avoid playing lower ranking players.